A couple of weeks ago, Hugo from Passport Overused nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. It has been over two years since I was nominated for the last one, and I’m flattered to be nominated once more. Thank you very much, Hugo!
*PS* The questions I was asked pertain to goals and aspiration for “next year.” I wrote the draft of this post back in 2019, so assume that “next year” refers to my plans for 2020. Hope this clears it up!
Let’s get to the questions and answers!
- Thank the blogger (s) who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger (s) asked you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts.
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions.
1) What are your plans for next year?
1. Secure a stable, full-time job. 2. Travel at least once, whether it’s just a weekend getaway or another international venture. 3. Continue to improve and be there for my family and friends.
2) How are you going to make sure those goals are accomplished for next year?
1. Apply, apply, apply. 2. Set a budget to save up and request time off from work. 3. Make the effort to plan and spend any free time with family and friends.
3) What is your favorite place you traveled to?
4) Do you like to travel alone or with friends?
I prefer traveling alone, as I get to do activities on my own time and at my own pace. But I value the shared experience when I travel with friends, and I do so from time to time.
5) What is the funniest travel story you experienced?
One of them was at Nara Park, Japan in 2016. The park is famous for its deer, which are quite aggressive (especially if you have food on you). My family tried feeding them crackers while constantly getting nipped in the arm, the sides, even the butt– I kept my distance and took photos while laughing uncontrollably. Sorry, family!
6) Does it snow this time of the year where you live?
Nope! Los Angeles is a consistent 20°C/68°F all-year round.
7) When did you start blogging?
8) Do you enjoy blogging?
9) What is the best thing that has happened to you this past year?
Visiting so many new countries (11 total)!
10) What made you smile the hardest this year?
There wasn’t one specific thing that made me “smile the hardest,” but rather a collection of small moments throughout, e.g. eating a good meal, time spent laughing and joking with friends, being at home with family over the holidays…
11) What are your travel plans for next year?
I will be making three-day getaway in March for my birthday; I already booked my transport and accommodation, and I’m planning to request time off from work to take off for the destination– I can’t wait!
That’s it for the questions! I won’t nominate anyone in particular, but for those who want to answer the questions I’m asking, feel free to do so in the Comments or in a separate post. Here they are:
1. What was one good thing that happened to you in 2019?
2. Three words to identify yourself?
3. Do you send letters or send emails to keep in touch with friends/loved ones?
4. What are you looking forward to this year?
5. How have you changed since 2010?
6. Would you consider yourself happy at this moment?
7. One piece of advice you would tell your 18-year-old self?
8. Would you rather have feet for hands or hands for feet? And why?
9. A destination you plan to visit this year?
10. What do you do to remain positive in life?
11. Will you answer these 11 questions?
Thanks for reading, and here’s to a new year (and start of the 2020’s)!