Several months ago, Purple Rose from Reluctant Preacher’s Daughter nominated me for the Vincent Ehindero Blogger Award. I’d never heard of this award before, but I’m super honored to receive it! Purple Rose is a lovely mom to two daughters and, quite literally, a preacher’s daughter: her faith and conviction to God is admirable, which have gotten her through a lot of tough times in her life. I encourage you to go check out her blog!
Let’s continue on to the award itself.
- Thank the person who nominated you with a link to their blog. (thanks, Purple Rose!)
- Make a post of the award (with a Photo of the Logo)
- Post the rules
- Ask 5-10 Questions of your choice
- Nominate 10-30 other bloggers (or more) and notify them
1. How has the coronavirus affected your life?
Unfortunately, I got laid off from my previous job due to COVID-19 several months ago– luckily, I managed to find another job recently, but it definitely was a struggle for months, all the while being cooped up at home. Nevertheless, I remain blessed that I never contracted the virus (at least, didn’t display symptoms) and am still healthy. Taking it one day at a time!
2. If you had to live one day of your life over and over again for a year, what day would you choose?
Good question…I would say any day between the months of May and September 2018. I was traveling practically non-stop during this period, and I would love to relive my adventures then, from Iceland to Peru to France.
3. Would you rather eat broccoli and carrots OR ice cream and bananas every day for a year?
Weirdly enough, I would prefer to eat broccoli and carrots every day for a year. I assume that I can cook them however I like, which might include steaming, frying, or baking them. Like, I could make broccoli pizza crust or carrot pasta. Ice cream is tempting, but I know that I’ll start to get sick of it after a while, and it’s hard to create other dishes with something that’s already been processed. So broccoli and carrots it is!
4. What is the ONE thing you can’t live without?
Obvious answer is my laptop. I basically have my life on here. I can work online, as well as be entertained with Netflix and YouTube, and I can chat with friends and family on Skype and Messenger, wherever I am in the world. It’s pretty great!
5. If you could spend one day with someone (living or dead), who would it be and why?
I’d love to hang out with Mike Chen from Strictly Dumpling. He’s a YouTuber who travels and eats food all over the world. I like food and travel, too, and I’d love to spend a day with him to do just that!
6. Do have any advice for people just starting their blog?
Don’t start your blog in hopes of earning money and/or gaining a lot of followers overnight– do it because you want to. Follow other blogs and engage with them through Likes/Comments– not only will you gain more traction online, but you’ll also establish some pretty good friendships. Overall, start a blog because you like writing and seeing what others have to put out there online.
7. What, if any are the biggest mistakes you see people making on their blogs?
Similar to what I wrote in #6, I’ve seen a lot of people over my years of blogging make the mistake of starting blogs for money or popularity. That’s a recipe for disaster, and I’ve sadly seen too many of them grow disappointed and stop blogging within a couple of months– very few actually survive past the first year. Write because you want to write, and if you think you have the money, time, and massive following, then you can consider monetizing your blog.
Thanks for reading! I won’t nominate 10-30 bloggers, just because that’s way too many, but I’ll nominate a few whom I think would appreciate doing this. Here they are:
…and here are my questions for you:
Questions for nominees:
1. Are you a breakfast, lunch, or dinner type of person?
2. What has been your favorite destination you’ve been to so far?
3. Next destination you’re itching to visit after COVID-19?
4. One piece of advice that you’d tell your younger self?
5. Would you rather live in a hot or cold environment, and why?
6. Tell me a talent you have that not many people know about.
7. Are you an early bird or night owl?
8. What is one dish you could eat for the rest of your life?
9. Your greatest accomplishment so far?
10. If you lost one of your five senses, which one wouldn’t you mind losing, and why?
Thanks again for reading, and take care!