Some time back, Natalie from NattyTravels nominated me for the Liebster Award. While I’m late to writing a post on it (having a blog backlogged with scheduled posts by two, three months doesn’t help), I graciously accept the award. Natalie herself is an incredible blogger who’s solo-traveled the world, all the while empower women to do the same. I’ve especially enjoyed her adventures in Spain, and once again, I’m happy to be nominated by her.
Here are the rules:
- Create your acceptance blog post. Thank the blogger who nominated you and give the link to their blog. (thanks, Natalie!)
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Notify your nominees when you have published your post.
Here are the questions:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
I’ve always loved writing since I was little. After many years of journaling and poetry, I started a few blogs in 2013 (unrelated to travel), before I created this current one in 2016. Since then, I haven’t looked back!
2. In the future where do you hope your blog will take you?
To be honest, I haven’t thought that far ahead of how my blog will turn out. I do have travel-related content to put out for the upcoming year, but beyond that, I’m not too sure. Perhaps there will be a slight change in the blog’s direction, maybe with more “how-to” travel guides and lists than the journal-like accounts I’m currently writing with my destination posts.
3. What has been the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
I guess a challenge has been staying consistent with reading the blogs I follow, along with “Liking” and commenting on posts. Now that I have a full-time job, I don’t have as much free time to engage with the blogging community. Granted, I know that it’s not the end of the world if I don’t stay active for a day or two, but blogging’s a big part of me, and I feel compelled to stay on top of it– I love it too much!
4. What do you do in your spare time?
Aside from writing, I enjoy working out, including running and lifting weights. Also love to play my piano and violin, as well as watch YouTube videos and read blogs/online articles. I also try to keep up my French, along with staying in touch with friends and family through virtual calls and meals in-person.
5. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
Visiting over 50 countries by the age of 26. Given that the world’s still tentative with the pandemic and travel, I’m extremely lucky that I got to travel freely to so many places before COVID-19, and I hope to continue once things more-or-less return to normal.
6. What make-up word would you incorporate into the dictionary and what does it mean to you?
This is a fun one…first imaginary word that came to mind was “imaginate.” Kind of like “imagine,” but as a verb with a stronger emphasis on the make-believe. For example: “All I want to do is imaginate the next adventure somewhere on this Earth.” Sounds a bit ridiculous, but I think there’s charm to its goofiness!
7. If you could be a member of any TV family who would it be and why?
Not an actual family per say, but the characters of Parks and Recreation would be really neat. Besides it being one of my favorite shows, I love the dynamics between each of the personalities, as they’re unpredictable, dysfunctional, and very sarcastic. I’d love for April Ludgate to adopt me into her family, just because she’s my favorite character!
8. What super power do you wish you had?
The ability to fly! No need to drive a car to work or pay for plane tickets to travel. 🙂
9. What animal would you be reincarnated as?
A penguin! It’s my favorite animal.
10. What food or snack do you crave the most?
I can never say no to cookie dough ice cream, but I also recently discovered my love for spicy guacamole chips– I found these at my nearby grocery store, and they’re seriously addictive!
11. Tell us one random fact about yourself.
I have a good bit of grey hair growing on one side of my head. I’ve had these hairs since I was 16 years old, and I’m way too young to have them (especially in my twenties)!
Thanks for reading! I won’t nominate anyone in particular to do this award, but feel free to answer the questions I pose down below:
1. Do you tend to crave sweet or savory food?
2. Where’s the first place you’d like to visit once the pandemic is over?
3. What never ceases to make you happy?
4. Name the weirdest dish you’ve tried.
5. Your go-to drink at the bar?
6. What’s one thing you do that keeps you healthy– physically and/or mentally?
7. One item that you never leave home without?
8. Would you rather eat a salty chocolate cake or sweet mac n’ cheese?
9. What’s one language you’d like to learn, and why?
10. Give me an unpopular opinion you have on anything.
11. Are you optimistic about the future? Why or why not?
Thanks again for reading! Have a good day. 🙂