Two months ago, Ann-Kathrin from Wandering Explorer Travel nominated me for the “Outstanding Blogger Award.” I started following Ann-Kathrin’s blog about six months ago, and we’ve become close blogging friends. Not only that, but I admire her worldly experience at such a young age, from her German roots to studying in France to now living in NYC. She’s quite the intrepid traveler, and I thank her for nominating me!
The Rules for this award
- Provide a link to the creator’s original award post.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate up to 10 bloggers.
- Ensure that they are aware of their nomination.
- Now let’s continue to support and cheer each other throughout 2021 for the Outstanding Blogger Award!
1. How long have you been blogging?
I’ve been blogging for over four years, soon to be five this July. Looking back on my older posts, it amazes me just how far I’ve come over the years!
2. What made you want to start a blog?
I already had a couple of blogs prior to Rebecca Goes Rendezvous, but I specifically wanted to start a blog dedicated to my travels that I was currently pursuing whilst still in Europe, hence this blog was born. Overall, I started blogging because I’ve always had an affinity for writing since I was young, and I majored in English in college. That said, it felt apropos to pursue blogging!
3. How do you decide what to blog about?
As mentioned in #2, I wanted to start a travel blog dedicated to my travels in Europe, as I was living in France at the time. I had spent the past year traveling to over 15 countries, and I wanted an outlet to share my photos and adventures with like-minded bloggers. Since then, my blog has grown tremendously, and even though I’m not traveling at the moment due to the pandemic, I’ve established a solid writing platform for myself. 🙂
4. What has been a topic that you considered blogging about but haven’t (yet)?
I’ve considered writing a sort of “snapshots” of people I’ve met throughout my travels. Whether we’d met one night at the bar, a layover at the airport, or at the same hostel, these people come from all walks of life, and I’m fascinated by the diversity of them all. I’d like to write “epistolary” posts in which I “write to them” and recount the adventures we had back on our travels. Granted, they’d be anonymous, but I’d like to impart the relationships, the connections I established, that’ve made me the person I am today. Let me know if this would be a good idea!
5. How much time do you usually spend writing and editing a blog post?
It can be as short as 10 minutes (for photography posts) to as long as three hours (for destination/travel itinerary posts). There are posts which I complete in one sitting, and there are others which I draft and return to multiple times before completion. It really depends.
6. What is your favorite post on your blog so far?
One of my more-recent favorites is titled “A Decade of Travel: My Experiences” (January 21, 2020). In the post, I recap the travels I did each year of the 2010’s, from my teenage years to mid-twenties. It was a reflective post in which I got to look back fondly at the places I’d been to, all the while growing up and gaining more insight into the world and who I was as a young adult.
7. What have you learned along your blogging journey?
I’ve learned that blogging takes a lot of work and drive to remain consistent. Luckily, I continue to have plenty of ideas to execute, but I won’t lie and say that I haven’t come across writer’s block at times. I’ve also learned that bloggers in the blogging community come and go, and that the friendships you’ve made throughout the years may not necessarily last. But it’s all part of the journey, and it’s always wonderful to meet new people who start their blogs and engage with others. Just as how I’ve met tons of fellow travelers during my adventures, I’ve met tons of fellow bloggers on WordPress!
I won’t nominate anyone in particular, but you’re all free to answer the questions I pose down below!
1. What is one food you’d hesitate to try? Why?
2. Country you traveled to which was the most challenging to navigate?
3. Do you intend to move from the city you currently live in within the next few months/years? If so, where will you go?
4. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would it be and why?
5. What traits would your dream partner have?
6. Do you envision yourself staying in the same profession for the next few years/rest of your life? Why or why not?
7. What’s your preferred mode of travel (airplane, train, bus…)?
Thanks for reading. Have a good day! 🙂